Now apartments, Liverpool Collegiate School was opened by William Gladstone on 6th January 1843 as a fee paying school. It’s facade was pink Woolton sandstone from the same quarry that was used to construct Liverpool Cathedral.
The Wellington Rooms is a neo classical building on Brownlow Hill. Designed by Edmund Aikin and built in 1816, it was a subscription hall that was popular with the well off in Liverpool, where meetings […]
St Bride’s Church in the Georgian Canning area of Liverpool looks great at any time in the year. Here it is, surrounded by Autumn colours. Consecrated in 1830, St Bride’s Church has been described as […]