Now apartments, Liverpool Collegiate School was opened by William Gladstone on 6th January 1843 as a fee paying school. It’s facade was pink Woolton sandstone from the same quarry that was used to construct Liverpool Cathedral.
Category Archives: architecture
The Wellington Rooms is a neo classical building on Brownlow Hill. Designed by Edmund Aikin and built in 1816, it was a subscription hall that was popular with the well off in Liverpool, where meetings […]