The Liverpool waterfront has gone through an amazing transformation over the past 20 years. This is Princes Dock
Princes Dock was named after the Prince Regent. It was opened in 1821 on the day of the coronation, when he became King George IV.
William Jessop and John Rennie were the consultants for the dock and it was built by John Foster who first started work on it in 1810. There was a whiff of scandal surrounding the builder, who odered far too much stone for the dock and allegedly diverted some of it to his own building company.